Hello PS 58 Families!
Our enrichment class offerings for Winter 2019 are now posted! The session will begin on Monday, January 7, 2019 and end on Friday, March 22, a period of 9 to 10 weeks, depending on the day of the week classes fall. General registration will take place on Monday, December 3 at 8 AM.The registration site is https://ps58.asapconnected.com/.
We have a new policy for drops beginning with our winter session. Going forward, families will be able to drop a class up to two weeks after the first day of general registration (for winter this is December 17) for a $15 drop fee and a refund or credit. After December 17, the drop fee will increase to $50 and no refunds will be given at this point; families may receive credit for the drop minus the $50 drop fee plus the pro-rated cost of the one class. After the first week of classes is complete on Friday, January 11, no further credits will be given. This will help to keep costs down for everyone as it is difficult to fill spots in classes once classes begin.
A few tips:
1. Please make sure to log into your account in advance and confirm you are paid in full. You must have a $0 balance to register your child for enrichment classes.
2. The class is not reserved for your child until after you have paid. Just placing the class in your shopping cart does not guarantee you a spot.
3. If you are interested in a class that you think might fill up quickly, put that class in your cart first and “check out” right away. Then go back to shop at a more leisurely pace. Just putting them in your cart doesn’t reserve them. Certain classes can fill before 8:01am.
4. If a class is full, join the wait list. Spots may open up. If you don't get a spot this session, you will get priority to register for the next session if the class is offered again.
5. Please double check to make sure you receive a receipt for class in your email.
As a quick overview for you, we are YOUR afterschool program. Carroll Kids is a not-profit-program run by the PTA of PS 58, and we try to serve the many needs of our families by providing high-quality enrichment classes and aftercare programming. We serve as many as three-quarters of the school population! Our program also provides recess counselors to help facilitate games and fun for all grades during the school day.
Have questions? Make sure to check out our website with our new FAQ section that has answers to many popular questions.
As many of you know, some of our most popular classes fill up in the first minute after registration opens. However, we are offering more than 80 classes this winter so everyone can find a class that fits his/her interests and schedules. Class pricing is based on instructors’ fees and the number of times it’s offered in a session and then marked up to cover the costs of administration and affording a small grant to the PTA. Many of our classes are taught by PS 58 staff, and these classes are among our most affordable. Other classes are taught by outside vendors and can be more expensive but allow us to offer a wider variety of classes. Financial aid is available to eligible families. More details can be found on the website.
September 17, 24 (No school on Sept 10)
October 1, 15, 22, 29 (No school on Oct 8)
November 5, 19, 26 (No school on Nov 12)
December 3, 10
September 18, 25 (No school on Sept 11)
October 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
November 13, 20, 27 (No school on Nov 6)
December 4, 11
September 12, 26 (No school on Sept 19)
October 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
November 7, 14, 21, 28
December 5, 12
September 13, 20, 27
October 4, 11, 18, 25
November 1, 8, 29 (No class on Nov 15 [PT conferences], No school on Nov 22)
December 6, 13
September 14, 21, 28
October 5, 12, 19, 26
November 2, 9, 16, 30 (No school on Nov 23)
December 7, 14
Read through our current course offerings and visit helpful links from our outside partners. Read more >
Carroll Kids, the PS58 PTA Afterschool, is a Not-For-Profit Organization and qualifies as childcare for tax purposes. EIN: 54-2159278