Our parent community raises money through PTA fundraisers. These funds put to use so PS 58 can provide students with resources and experiences that help make the school a great place to learn.
We work from an annual budget that has input from teachers and parents and is voted on by the parents of the school. We hope you join us at an upcoming PTA meeting!
Here are some of the ways we’ve used the funds in recent years:
- Mini grants for every teacher to use to use in their classrooms.
- Professional development workshops for teachers.
- In-class enrichment from outside artists and instructors, like Ballet Tales and Chess.
- Equipment for gym, art, music and science.
- Chromebooks for use in school—and to lend out when kids need to attend remotely.
- Konstella, Operoo and other software that helps keep the community connected.
- Lice checks!
- Tents, thermometers and other supplies to help get us through the pandemic.
Have an idea for a Fundraising event, or would like to join the fundraising committee?
Please contact the Fundraising Coordinators at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PTA partners with the school administration to provide an outstanding education for our children—enriching the curriculum through extraordinary programs, offering resources essential for learning, empowering our teachers to be the best they can be, and building school spirit through special events.