Families wishing to enroll their child after the start of school should contact Parent Coordinator Joan Bredthauer at email@example.com. Seat offers will be based on availability and enrollment priorities.
Enrolling for September 2023
There is no central application for grades 1-5. Families who wish to enroll should contact the school at 718-330-9322. We will make offers based on seat availability and enrollment priorities.
Enrollment priorities, all grades
PS 58 is a zoned school and families who live in the zone have enrollment priority. Our zone changed in September 2022. Here is the current zone map. The easiest and most accurate way to see which elementary school is your zoned school is by using the Find a School tool at the DOE website.
- In NYC, priority for seat offers in a zoned school such as PS 58 is given to zoned children who have a brother or sister at our school.
- Next, seats are offered to zoned applicants.
- There is a priority for children who speak French but little or no English who apply to our French dual language program.
If space allows once students in the above categories are enrolled, those living outside the zone may also be admitted, in the following order:
- Students with a sibling at the school who live in the district
- Students with a sibling at the school who live outside the district
- Students who live in the district and are currently enrolled at the school for preK
- Students who live outside the district and are currently enrolled at the school for preK
- Other students who live in the district
If you need more information, contact Parent Coordinator Joan Bredthauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To locate your zoned school, use the Find a School Tool at the NYC DOE website. The first school that appears in the list is the zoned school for that address.
Children who speak French fluently
Children who are applying to our French Dual Language program must be tested for French fluency. This is done in person by appointment around the time of registration. Please contact the school.
English Language Learners
Children who speak a language other than English will be assessed in person for eligibility for English Language Learner (ELL) services. ELL students who speak French will receive priority for open seats in our French dual language program. Students who not speak English or French may be eligible for English Language Learner status and can participate in small group work with our English as a New Language teacher specialist.