When we all do a LITTLE, we can accomplish A LOT.
Your PTA will spend $367,000 (almost $500 per family) this year to help create an outstanding education for our kids through experiences and resources that are possible only with our support!
Here’s how it breaks down:
Enriching Curriculum $168,000 (46%)
● In-class programming, e.g.
○ Pre-K & Kindergarten: Music, Puppeteer storytelling, Live animals
○ 1st Grade: Chess, Music, Dance, Meteorology
○ 2nd Grade: Chess, NYC Ballet Tales, Brooklyn Bridge building
○ 3rd Grade: Chess, Met Opera, Trout program
○ 4th Grade: Chess, Ballroom dance, Wigwam building, Live birds of prey
○ 5th Grade: Ballroom dance, Theater-based residency with Anne Frank Center
● Authors-in-School program (e.g., reading and signed book for each student)
Providing Vital Resources $125,000 (34%)
● Library (staff salaries, book budget)
● Art, Music & Theater programs (musical instruments, art supplies, theater materials)
● Technology program (Chromebooks)
● Garden (equipment, materials)
● Classroom resources (books, supplies)
Empowering Teachers $55,000 (15%)
● Latest, specialized training for our teachers
● Materials and equipment for special activities designed by teachers for their students
Building Community $18,000 (5%)
● Need-based student scholarships for field trips
● 5th grade graduation and yearbook
● Special events (e.g., Earth Day, Field Day, Harvest Fair, International Food Festival)
● “Green Team” (student-led recycling program)
● School-wide lice checks
Give $475 now or $58 per month for the rest of the school year to cover the cost of your family. The PS58. Auction and Read-a-thon in Spring, plus smaller events throughout the year will help us raise the additional funds for the 2018-19 budget. Give more if you can — to sponsor other families. Give less if you can’t or prefer to contribute in other ways. We know each family has different abilities to give and are grateful for all contributions!
How can I give?
Check: Make payable to “PS58 PTA” and bring to the office or your classroom teacher
Credit Card: Process a one-time or recurring monthly payment here!
PS58 PTA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are fully tax deductible, and a donation receipt will be provided