Dear D15 Friends and Families,
As a result of new school construction at PS 32 in Carroll Gardens, we are exploring a rezoning for the school year 2020 – 2021. School rezonings serve multiple functions and this rezoning has the potential to relieve overcrowding and promote diversity within District 15. Any proposed rezoning changes would primarily impact incoming pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, or new students to the system beginning in 2020-2021.
CEC15 and the Office of District Planning are creating multiple opportunities for you to express your suggestions on how we can make thoughtful and community driven changes through this rezoning. Files are attached for your review that include current maps of District 15, the first District Planning Presentation, along with data on the schools that may be impacted through this rezoning.
There are multiple ways that you can share your comments and concerns with CEC15, Superintendent Skop and the Office of District Planning.
• Via email to CEC15@schools.nyc.gov
• Via email to the D15 Superintendent: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Via email to the Office of District Planning BrooklynZoning@schools.nyc.gov
• In person at any CEC15 Meeting
• Via an online form that will follow in the next day or so