What to Bring to Registration
What do I need to bring to registration?
Registration will not be conducted if you do not have the following with you. All documents must be submitted in original, paper format. We cannot access your email or thumb drive.
1. The Child
2. Child’s original birth certificate or passport
3. Record of all required immunizations.
4. Latest report card/transcript (if available)
5. Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable)
6. Proof of address: any TWO of the following:
- A lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by a utility company (e.g., National Grid or Con Edison), must be dated within the past 60 days
- A bill for cable television services provided to the residence; must include the name of the parent and the address of the residence and be dated within the past 60 days
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state, or local government agency, including the IRS, the City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration, the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor or the federal Office of Refugee Settlement, indicating the resident’s name and address, must be dated within the past 60 days
- A current property tax bill for the residence
- A water bill for the residence dated within the past 90 days
- Rent receipt which includes the address of the residence, must be dated within the past 60 days
- State, city, or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), which has not expired and includes the address of residence
- Income tax form for the last calendar year
- Official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit which has not expired
- Official payroll documentation from an employer issued within the past 60 days such as a pay stub with home address, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt (a letter on the employer’s letterhead is not adequate); must include home address and be dated within the past 60 days
- Voter registration documents, which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Unexpired membership documents based upon residency (e.g., neighborhood residents’ association), which include the name of the parent and the address of residence
- Evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers documents issued within the past 60 days with name of child and address of residence